Is there any image better than that? I’m a carb-aholic, so for me there’s nothing better than freshly baked bread.
Living down the street from a Paris bakery would be a dream, but here on the prairie, you’ve got to improvise.
And since I’m a busy girl, that means making yeast bread — in a machine.
Image via Amazon
I love my new bread maker that I got from my mother-in-law this Christmas. I tend to be a baking purist (well, when it comes to cupcakes from scratch). But I’ve never been patient enough to make good yeast dough.
This does all the work for you, and it’s really fun to watch. People swear by their bread machines, and I’ve happily joined the choir.
Now, nothing replaces the experience of a local bakery, so by all means, keep getting your fresh bread from your favorite baker.
But it’s fun to try new recipes at home, too. It’s worth if for the aroma alone.
Here are some essentials you’ll need for proper bread making. Or bread eating.
1. Teak measuring spoons, Pot + Pantry
2. Strawberry rhubarb jam, Stonewall Kitchen
3. Emile Henry Artisan Loaf Pan, Williams-Sonoma
4. Le Creuset Butter Crock, Amazon
5. Bread Banneton, Sur la Table
6. “Lunch in Paris: A Love Story with Recipes,” Anthropologie