Image via Flickr
Ok, I know it’s kind of ironic that I’m writing a blog about fireplaces when the highs have been in the 60s this week in Tulsa.
A year ago, in fact, we were trapped in our homes for what we now call “Snowmageddon 2011.” Record snowfall last year, and record highs this year.
Yep, that’s Oklahoma weather for you.
But the nights are getting downright chilly, nevertheless. And I was a lucky girl a couple of weeks ago, when my husband and I sneaked out of town to the family’s lake house, and cuddled up all weekend by the fire.
Why do we go to the lake during winter? The answer is always: the fireplace. It’s the best one I know, and I love tinkering with the logs.
Here are some ideas for your fireplaces this winter, provided it ever actually feels like winter.
1. Prairie Grass Fire Screen, Crate & Barrel
2. Spicy Maya Hot Chocolate , Crate & Barrel
3. S’mores Pops recipe, Gimme Some Oven
4. Stainless Steel Firewood Holder, Kitchen Source
5. Paxton Copper Bucket, Pottery Barn