The weather has been absolutely beautiful this week! Sun shining and in the 80′s. Because of this, I am reminded that summer is right around the corner. And that means shorts, tanks, and swim wear. Yikes!
So, if you have been hibernating for the winter it is time to come out and get your workout on. For me, it always helps to have some great gear to sport.
1. Ello Glass Water Bottle, Target - Gotta have lots of water. If I bring it with me I drink a lot more than if I don’t. Need those 8 – 10 glasses of water a day!
2. Women’s Racerback Active Tank, Old Navy - Having a great tank means you can do double duty. You can run, do yoga, whatever you choose. On those spring days that are still a little chilly you can always layer up with a light jacket.
3. GapFit gFlex Capris, Gap - Black workout pants are a girls best friend. Gap has a great selection of lengths and styles that are all very comfortable.
4. Nike Women’s 2-in-1 Running Short, Dick’s Sporting Goods - If you are a runner or want to be a runner, be sure and get some good running shorts. They will be much more comfortable than any other type of short that you have. There are many different colors and patterns available!
5. Women’s Active Duffle Bag, Old Navy - For me to stay consistent with working out, I have to make sure and take my workout clothes with me in the morning when I leave the house. I have found that if I come home after work I am less likely to change and drive to the gym. The couch always seems to call my name at that time of day. So, I pack my gym bag the night before and set it by the door so I can grab it on my way out. That way at the end of the work day I can go directly to the gym….it’s like a daily meeting!
6. Fitness by Cathe Orange Rainbow Yoga Mat, Dick’s Sporting Goods - Your personal yoga mat can come in handy not only for yoga, but also for sit-ups, push-ups, etc. It’s nice b/c then you aren’t on the icky gym floor….or using a dirty mat!
7. Shoes are the most important items when it comes to working out. Having the wrong shoes can very easily cause injuries. If you live in Tulsa, or close by, I would suggest you stop by one of the Fleet Feet stores. They will help you find the exact shoe that fits you best, and even explain to you why. They have a great selection of athletic footwear. Fleet Feet also has many different training programs that will help you meet running goals…whether you are a beginner or a life long runner. I participated in one of their 5K programs, No Boundaries, a couple of years ago. A great way to learn the proper way to run….and also a great time to socialize (sign up with a friend or two and you will be looking forward to your run)! Oh, and I just have to say that I am loving all of the colorful options in shoes these days!
As always, if you have some personal favorites feel free to share! Here’s to toned arms and booties for the summer!