Image via Etsy
It looks like summer temperatures are finally heating up, and the only way to spend the summer is at the lake.
I love to visit the lake as often as life will allow us. Summertime is all about taking time to stop and relax, remember your childhood, and make more memories with your family. Priorities, priorities.
Since we are regular lake-goers, I’ve come up with a few must-have items to add to the list at the start of each summer season.
There’s no point in ruining that pretty white bathing suit with — let’s face it — not-so-clean lake water. So a durable, darker colored suit is in order. I tend to go for a tankini — cute and boat friendly.
Speaking of the boat, sunshine is optimal lake conditions, but it’s not great for a fair-skinned girl like me. So I’m a sunscreen freak. My favorite for the face is a tinted moisturizer with lots of SPF..more bang for you buck.
Also, you must have good shoes for the boat — ones that will not slip. I’ve taken an expected slide onthe boat more times than I like to remember!
Real rubber soles are what that’s all about, but beware: Many flip flops out there are made of faux rubber, aka a slippery nightmare.
Here are some of my picks for this year’s lake season– and they are all under $50!!
1. Mazzy sandal, Banana Republic
2. Estee Lauder Day Wear tinted moisturizer, Macy‘s
3. Xhilaration cotton voile tunic cover up, Target
4. Piped-Trim Tankini in Royal blue, Old Navy
5. Parker Stripe Beach Towel, Pottery Barn
6. O’Neill Evita straw tote, Zappos
And, how could I forget the most important tip — have a signature cocktail. Here’s a delicious sangria that’s summery and perfect. Happy lake season!
Just Peachy White Wine Sangria, courtesy About.com
- 1 Bottle of white wine (Riesling, Albarino, Chablis, Gewurztraminer, Rioja, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1/2 cup Peach Schnapps
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you prefer your Sangria)
- 2 sliced peaches (frozen peach slices work well)
- 1 sliced orange
- 1/2 mango peeled and sliced
- 1/2 liter of ginger ale
3. For delicious add-ins, try sliced strawberries, a handful of fresh raspberries, kiwi slices, a shot or two of triple sec, a cup of citrus soda pop.