I love to design new cat hotels, dog beds and pet toys in my head but I never seem to implement any of my ideas. While searching for some pet solutions that won’t turn my house into a primary color mess, I bookmarked a few things to share.
Why is it that widely available children and pet toys and necessities just don’t seem to have much style? Has anyone else found a great source for outfitting our furry friends with panache? Please share.
I know I’ve included a couple of colorful toys here, but in the right home they’ll fit right in. Modern furniture, white walls and neutral floors can handle a little color. It’s probably best to stick with just one though. Color, that is. If your home is already colorful, try to keep with natural colors and textures so they will blend in and not steal attention from your decor.
1. Tug and Toss Dog Toy at Patina Stores. I love this tomato red right now! I think it’s just the right color to celebrate the last few days of color and if your into seasonal decorating, it could lead you right into fall.
2. Anderson Unleashed Life Dining Dog Bowls at Modern Tails. So pretty, you’d almost want to use that canister for cookies instead of dog treats.
3. Coco the Elephant at Jax and Bones. Is this guy cute? I’m not sure, but I really like him and of course he’s grey so that’s always a plus.
4. Mazee – Perplexus for Dogs at Think Geek. I’m pretty sure I’m going to buy this soon. Parting with $16 for puppy entertainment is a no brainer. Eddie (the one-year-old who thinks he’s still a little puppy) has a crazy run around energy fest around 8:00 every night. Just when I’m ready to wind down, or try anyway.
5. Felted Cat Bed at elevele. My cat would love this! And it looks so much better than the cardboard box lid he adopted and napped in for months. I just couldn’t bring myself to take it away.
6. fishhotel by Umbra. We’re not much of a fish family (for pets anyway) but this fish hotel is great. They stack, you could have a whole apartment complex of fish residents. So cool!
7. Wiltshire Pet Bed at Modern Tails. Simple, but sweet and geometrics never get old (well some do). This bed could easily live in a traditional or eclectic home.
8. BowHaus Modern Dog Furniture from Denhaus. I’ve been eyeing this for years it seems (not sure if it’s been out for years, but maybe). I think this would make a perfect side table for my side of the sofa. Although I haven’t figured out if Eddie or Jersey (the cat) would end up winning the battle and making this their new home.