image by Ruby Jewel Studio, PLLC
As most of you all know, this Sunday is Mother’s Day. If you didn’t know then please take a minute and put it on your calendar!
While I’m not a mother (yet) I have always enjoyed celebrating the special women in my life. So, I decided to put together a simple step-by-step guide for the special day. I really think that if you include a little something from each step your mom or wife will feel extra special and truly enjoy her day.
1. Quality Family Time – take some time to do something…or nothing…together as a family. A trip to the local zoo, family game, or movie night.
2. Pampering – few things can make a mom feel as good as a massage, mani/pedi, or a visit to the hair salon. These are the things that many times get put on the back burner, so surprise her with one or a whole day of pampering!
3. Good Eats – whether she loves chocolate, has a favorite restaurant, or loves when the the hubby or kiddos whip her up something yummy, treat her to her choice! Anything will be well appreciated as long as she isn’t the one doing the cooking and cleaning.
4. Acknowledgement of all she does – while mom might hint around at the need for a new pedicure, most likely you won’t find her talking about this one. But this could possibly be the most important step. Mom works hard 24/7 whether she is a stay at home mom or a working mom. Her job never ends. Take the time to let her know how much you appreciate everything she does. Maybe it’s saying it, or maybe it’s in a sweet card with a personal message. I guarantee she will keep that card around and refer to it often!
5. Small gift that shows you know her – if mom loves to garden, think about a favorite flower that she can enjoy all year. If she is a fashionista, maybe that pair of shoes she has been drooling over. Or maybe she is a new mom and would enjoy a mothers ring or necklace that reminds her of her new bundle of joy. Skip the dollar bins and go for something that you know mom will love.
For my chicken recipe that I make for my mom each year, take a look at my Mother’s Day post last year. It is a fabulous recipe that won’t disappoint!
We would love to hear about your Mother’s Day traditions, comment on this post or on our facebook page.
I hope you all have a great weekend and squeeze your mom’s extra tight!