Both professionally and personally, this summer has been a busy one, to say the least. In addition to an international trip, family visiting, float trips, and celebrations galore, I’ve had quite a number of back-to-back major deadlines at work this summer. If you are familiar with the architecture/interior design industry at all, then you know that equals many late nights and weekends in the studio. There were a few things I had to have to keep my eyes open and my creative (and efficiency) juices flowing. If you find yourself in the office after hours, hopefully these will help you through the crazy times like they did me.
1. Earbuds (why not make them cute?!) and a good playlist are a must to keep you motivated. Just be sure your playlist is full of upbeat music, or you just may find yourself dozing on your keyboard. Country House Earbuds in Nesting Dolls, ModCloth
2. Herbal teas can re-energize you for a few more hours of productivity. Ginger is said to stimulate the brain and circulatory system. Organic Ginger Tea, Harney & Sons
3. Bring along some slippers to slip into after hours. They can help you feel more comfortable after long periods of time spent at your desk. These slippers are adorable and will be the envy of the office! Women’s Slippers, Molipop
4. Be prepared with take-out menus you can keep on hand. This awesome organizer can help keep track of where you’ve ordered from before, what you’ve ordered and the information for each restaurant. Takeout Menus Organizer, Uncommon Goods
5. Snacks on hand are definitely a required late-night necessity. Trail mix, with a mix of salty and sweet, is one of my favorites. Try this yummy-sounding recipe. Summer Snacks, My Kitchen Addiction
6. A low back pillow helps support your lumbar, which will need some help after many hours in a task chair. This striking pillow can later be incorporated into my home decor after the deadlines. Mulit Chevron Decorative Pillow, Target
Don’t forget to take time to get up and stretch every so often to get your circulation flowing. Check out these Office Chair Yoga Exercises I found on Rejuvenation Lounge. Pamper yourself with a warm bath to wind down when you get home. And a nice massage after your deadline is over is a fantastic incentive to keep on keeping on!